In A Heartbeat

Reader: Frances W
Age: 13
Title: In A Heartbeat
Author: Loretta Ellsworth
Publisher: Walker publishing company
Pub Date: ?/?/2010
Galley: Yes
Nominate for Teens’ Top 10: No
Recommend: Yes
Convince us to read the book: I really liked this book. It was sad, but rewarding and never bored me. It's just a little unrealistic, but that didn't make it bad.
Compelling Aspect of the Book: I was very interested by the fact that the heart changed her personality. It would be kind of cool if that happened in real life, but it doesn't, so that made it a little harder to enjoy the book at times, but still made it more interesting.
Did you finish: Yes
Did the cover tempt you and/or reflect the contents of the book: The cover didn't excite me a lot or anything, but I think it's a pretty good cover, simple but pretty, and it goes with the book pretty well. I immediately thought it might be about heart transplants when I saw the book because I'd read another book about that just before that. That cover was red with a human heart (like, the organ) in the middle. Just a little gross. This cover is better.
Age Range: Under 12-15
Quality: 3Q Readable
Popularity: 4P Broad general teen appeal

No comments: