Winger (Winger #1) - YA Review by Katie J


Reader: Katie J.
Age: 13
Title: Winger (Winger #1)
Author: Andrew Smith
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Pub Date: 05/14/13
Galley: Yes
Top 25: Yes
Convince us to read the book: Ok, this book was good.  I literally cannot believe that it is this good.  The end is pretty sad, but that is what makes it good.  I know that sounds weird but it's true.
Memorable or Forgettable:  It was memorable for me because even though the book was told from a boy's point of view, I felt like I could relate.
Cover: I think that the cover was pretty good.   it could have been better, but it still worked.
Age Range: 12 through 18 and up
Quality: 5Q Hard to imagine a better book
Popularity: 4P Broad general teen appeal
Annotation:  Ryan Dean is a super smart 14 year old who is a junior.  He gets moved to O-Hall at his boarding school.  Then some crazy stuff happens.

tagscontemporary fiction  / realistic fiction / coming of age / sports / boarding school story / humor / ya lit



No comments: