Savage Drift (Monument 14 #3) - YA Review by Veronica K


Reader: Veronica K.
Age: 13
Title: Savage Drift (Monument 14 #3)
Author: Emmy Laybourne
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
Pub Date: 05/06/14
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: This was not exactly a spectacular book. Instead of developing characters, it seems like she drops them. Instead of giving the dropped characters a nice send off and explaining what happened to them, they have a temper tantrum and leave Dean until the end of the book. There is very little just talking dialogue. It all seems to be I hate you go away, or ohmygoshohmygosh everyone is going to die-  no, they are not. I am lying to calm you down dialogue. As for the plot, it continues the "I want a trilogy, but I hate writing these books" feel that started half way through the last one.
Memorable or Forgettable:  I guess the main reason I really do not like this book is that it is going to be one of those books that everyone worships because the first one was new. If this one were on its own, it might be better, but it is not at all memorable because the first one was way better, in plot and in writing.
Cover: The cover seems boring, really. I did not really notice it. But yes, it reflects pages 3-9 of chapter 30 in the "Oh, that is what it is? I barely noticed" kind of way.
Age Range: 14 through 18 and up
Quality: 2Q Needs more work
Popularity: 4P Broad general teen appeal

tags:  post apocalyptic / dystopia / science fiction/ Monument 14 / ya lit



No comments: