The Neptune Project - YA Review by Aiden J


Reader: Aiden J.
Age: 13
Title: The Neptune Project (The Neptune Project #1)
Author: Polly Holyoke
Publisher: Disney / Hyperion Books
Pub Date: 05/21/13
Galley: Yes
Top 25: Yes
Convince us to read the book: One of the strong parts of the book was the plot line. I found myself always wondering what was going to happen next. Another strong part of the book was the character development. Nere went from being shy and quiet, to an amazing leader.
Memorable or Forgettable:  I find this book memorable, because I have never read a book like it. I also liked how you had no idea what would happen next.
Cover: The cover made me want to pick it up. It did reflect the contents well.
Age Range: Under 12 through 15
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 3P Some teen appeal
Annotation:  Nere and 2 others were genetically engineered to be able to survive underwater. With the help of the Dolphins she has been training, and other people they meet along the way, they need to travel through miles of dangerous ocean to get to her father's colony.

tags:  science fiction / dystopia / The Neptune Project / ya lit



No comments: