To All the Boys I've Loved Before - YA Review by Emily L


Reader: Emily L.
Age: 16
Title: To All the Boys I've Loved Before 
Author: Jenny Han
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books For Young Readers
Pub Date: 04/15/14
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: The author made the main character, Lara Jean, seem like a normal teenage girl. The character's voice didn't sound too sophisticated but it also didn't seem too "dumbed" down. My favorite part of this novel is the development of Peter & Lara Jean's relationship because (SPOILER ALERT) you don't actually expect her to fall for him or for him to fall for her, because before they decided to "fake date" they were both completely hung up on other people. The unpredictability of their relationship is by far my favorite part.
Memorable or Forgettable: I liked how I didn't predict the ending of this book before it happened. It always kept me guessing. Yes, it's a sappy romance novel but it's not as annoying as most are.
Cover:  I didn't pick up the book because of the cover, someone had recommended the novel to me. The cover honestly didn't have either a positive nor negative impact on me. It's the kind of cover that's just there and not really distinguishable from other book covers.
Age Range: 14 through 18 and up
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 5P Everyone wants to read it

tags:  contemporary / realistic fiction / romance / To All The Boys I've Loved Before / ya lit



No comments: