I Have A Bad Feeling About This - YA Review by Alexis F



Reader: Alexis F.
Age: 14
Title: I Have a Bad Feeling About This
Author: Jeff Strand
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Pub Date: 03/01/14
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: The book had some funny parts, but it was a little childish at times.  Come on! What's not funny about a bunch of totally wimpy boys being sent to a "hard-core" summer camp?  It may sound a little boring at first, but after you start to read it, it's pretty good.  The plot was easy to follow and the characters had their own personalities (however, at times they talked exactly the same). I would probably rate it on a scale of one to five (one being the worst and five being the best) a three.  It wasn't the best read, but it was good enough.
Memorable or Forgettable: It's one of those books that you'll most likely forget the majority of the plot, but certain things stick out.  After each chapter there's a little "survival tip."  I do not recommend using them...
Cover: The cover did not tempt me to pick it up.  It's plain and I wasn't interested until someone told me that it was good.
Age Range: 12 through 13
Quality: 3Q Readable
Popularity: 3P Some teen appeal

tags:  humor / realistic fiction / ya lit





No comments: