The Rules - YA Review by Ella O



Reader: Ella O.
Age: 14
Title: The Rules
Author: Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguie
Publisher: Random House Children's Books
Pub Date: 06/23/15
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: I thought the plot unfolded nicely and the character development seen in Robin was good too. When the book started out Robin believed that you held out for your people and your people held out for you. But truthfully, you need to know how to hold out on your own and I'm glad she learned it.
Memorable or Forgettable: I liked the the secrets, I liked August's idea and where he'd been going with that. And may I add that while Kyle's role may have been a bit predictable I still liked it a lot.
Cover: I. LOVED. THIS. COVER. It was dark, creepy, and let you know that this was a book that'd keep you on the edge of your seat. Good job guys.
Age Range: 14 through 15
Quality: 4Q - Better than most
Popularity: 3P - Some teen appeal


tags:  thriller / suspense / ya lit



No comments: