Portraits of Celina - YA Review by Ella O



Reader: Ella O.
Age: 14
Title: Portraits of Celina
Author: Sue Whiting
Publisher: Switch Press
Pub Date: 04/01/15
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: The plot had huge twists and surprises.  Still it was fairly predictable but interesting nonetheless. I do think there is some noticeable character development in the main character Bailey.  
Memorable or Forgettable: I'm not so sure this book will be memorable for me. Bailey needs more character! Give her some life! It kind of hurts to just see her sit there, moping and shaming herself for everything she does. I mean, thank god Oliver was there or she might have stayed the same, slightly tone-dead girl she was.
Cover: I did actually like this cover. It reflected the contents and Celina's hold over Bailey well. Good job with that one.
Age Range: 12 through 13
Quality: 3Q - Readable
Popularity: 3P - Some teen appeal


tags:  paranormal mystery / ya lit



No comments: