Beyond Clueless - YA Review by Sophie L



Reader: Sophie L.
Age: 14
Title: Beyond Clueless
Author: Linas Alsenas
Publisher: Amulet Books
Pub Date: 08/18/15
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: This book wasn't too original. After I got a little bit into the book I realized that the story was going to be the opposite of Clueless. Instead of hitting on the boy who turns out to be gay, a guy who the main character thought was gay, wasn't actually gay and liked her. So the ending to this book was predictable. It also felt a bit like a mixture between Glee and Clueless, with the musical happening. One surprising thing was all of the drinking and smoking. For the most part, the kids in this book are a few months into my future (I'll be a freshman this fall) and it was shocking to see all the bad things these kids do. Those were the only negative things about this book, the romance sections were very relatable to teens and the flow of the writing was good. I didn't ever feel like I wanted the book to just finish already!
Memorable or Forgettable: It was memorable because of the relevance to my life/near future. I also liked the way I could relate to some parts of the book.
Cover: The cover was reflective of the book. I love the colors and find it eye catching but not too much to look at.
Age Range: 14 through 17
Quality: 4Q - Better than most
Popularity: 4P - Broad general teen appeal


tags:  romance / comedy / ya lit



No comments: