Powerless - YA Review by Ella O


Reader: Ella O.
Age: 13
Title: Powerless
Author: Tera Lynn Childs, Tracy Deebs
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Pub Date: 06/02/15
Galley: Yes
Top 25: Yes
Convince us to read the book: Kenna is the daughter of a brilliant scientist and a man who was the greatest superhero of his generation. Kenna herself is quite smart but how are people supposed to realize that when they're too busy not bothering with her because of her lack of powers? This book shows amazing character development in main character Kenna, but also in other characters (Draven).
Memorable or Forgettable: I loved the superpowers mentioned in this book - they're so different from the ones typically seen in superhero books. I wanted to be part of their world so badly while reading this book.
Cover: I thought the cover was interesting and I like the placement of the title. But maybe put the superhero and the supervillain symbols in the eye as well to give it more depth?
Age Range: 14 through 15
Quality: 5Q - Hard to imagine a better book
Popularity: 4P - Broad general teen appeal
Additional Comments: The way this book ended maybe me ripple with excitement for the next book but also angry for not giving me more!! Definitely going to keep a serious eye out for the next novel. Good work guys =) 
Annotation: I loved this book. It kept me on the edge and I couldn't put it down. You can relate to it as well. How would you feel, living in a world of extraordinary only to be ordinary?


tags:  fantasy / suspense / ya lit



No comments: