Virgin Territory

Reader: Emily
Age: 16
Title: Virgin Territory
Author: James Lecesne
Publisher: Egmont USA/ Laura Geringer Books
Pub Date: 09/14/2010
Galley: Yes
Recommend: Yes
Convince us to read the book: Virgin Territory is a slightly thought provoking drama about a young man going through a path of self-discovery. I really recommend this book for people who want a good read and are willing to think outside the box.
Compelling Aspect of the Book: You don't see enough good books with male main characters, but Virgin Territory has it all. I really think the loss of his mother and a negligent father drives Dylan to develop more, creating a more interesting plot.
Comments: 1. The tattoo on the cover isn't quite fitting to the arm, you can see sections where the tattoo is coming off the arm, I would recommend fixing that as I found it mildly irritating.2. I wish the main character's father was more supportive. The story makes the father seem distant and not at all interested in his son, so why put him in there?
Cover: Great cover! I really loved how the red and green contrasted. The tattoo that is displayed on the arm is very eye-catching and definitely provoked me to pick up the book.
Did you finish it: Yes
Age Range: 14-17
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 4P Broad general teen appeal

No comments: