Sleepless

Reader: Frances W
Age: 14
Title: Sleepless
Author: Cyn Balog
Publisher: Random House
Pub Date: 7/13/2010
Galley: Yes
Recommend: Yes
Convince us to read the book: Though some would call the plot a little bit Twilight-esgue (two paranormal beings fighting over one girl), it was really written well and made me want to keep reading. The characters were also much more complex and interesting. I wouldn't say it blew my mind, but it made me happy and it was the first good book I have read in a while.
Compelling Aspect of the Book: I have to say the mystery of what happened to Julia when she was young was what first made me not want to put the book down, then the budding romance kept that feeling going.
Cover: Sleepless was one of those books that I just grab because I don't have enough. The cover wasn't particularly awesome, but it wasn't terrible either. Pretty, but, I'm afraid, forgettable. It didn't really reflect the contents at all because it was just a flower, and there was no important flower in the book.
Did you finish: Yes
Age Range: 12-17
Quality: 4Q Better than most

No comments: