Divergent

Reader: Olivia
Age: 15
Title: Divergent
Author: Veronica Roth
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Pub Date: 05/03/2011
Galley: Yes
Nominate for Teens’ Top 10: Yes
Recommend: Yes
Convince us to read the book: It's a must-read for dystopian fans, and it's the kind of book you won't be able to put down. When you're finally forced to, whether it be because your parents are yelling at you to do the dishes, or there simply are no pages left, it'll still be racing through your head.
Compelling Aspect of the Book: The society itself, and the concept of the five factions, was definitely the most compelling
Cover: The cover, to me, wasn't extremely eye-catching, but it wasn't boring either. I think it reflected the contents decently, though, and I'm not sure how/if it could have been done better.
Did you finish: Yes
Were you disappointed with the book at all: I wasn't disappointed at all. Of course, I had no expectations - I had never heard of it, and had no idea what it would be about, so there was no letdown or disappointment.
Age Range: 12-17
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 4P Broad general teen appeal

No comments: