Welcome to the Dark House - YA Review by Brooke H


Reader: Brooke H.
Age: 16
Title: Welcome to the Dark House
Author: Laurie Faria Stolarz
Publisher: Hyperion
Pub Date: 07/22/14
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: I thought that the beginning of this book was kind of slow, and it was hard at first to keep track of each character's name and personality. Once I got about half way through, however, I got really into it and I couldn't stop reading. The plot got really intense and creepy, and it was easy to love the characters with their distinct personalities.
Memorable or Forgettable: What was most memorable for me was the horror aspect. The book was pretty creepy, even scary at times. I also loved how we got to see all six of the characters' points-of-view and to watch how they dealt with and faced their fears.
Cover: I really liked the cover of the book. The background picture of the merry-go-round provided some mystery and it did reflect the contents of the book. I also liked that the title took up the whole cover and the font gave the perfect spooky touch.
Age Range: 12 through 17
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 4P Broad general teen appeal

tags:  horror / ya lit



No comments: