Monument 14: Savage Drift - YA Review by Claire W


Reader: Claire W.
Age: 13
Title: Monument 14: Savage Drift
Author: Emmy Laybourne
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Pub Date: 05/06/14
Galley: No
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: I felt that Laybourne was tired after writing the 2 other books and was slightly out of ideas. But if you could get over the only okay plot, it was written really well just like her other books. I felt that Dean was a bit unrealistic in this book. His girlfriend is pregnant but he acts like a 30 year old father around her even though he isn't even the father of the baby. I also felt the dialogue downgraded just a bit from the other books.
Memorable or Forgettable: I thought that the over all plot was very original and well done. But I thought that the drama between Dean and the baby's Dad was just uninteresting to read.
Cover: I love the cover. It is very dark and realistic.
Age Range: 12 through 17
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 3P Some teen appeal

tags:  post apocalyptic / dystopian / science fiction / Monument 14 series / ya lit



No comments: