Slice of Cherry

Reader: Emily
Age: 16
Title: Slice of Cherry
Author: Dia Reeves
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Pub Date: 01/04/2011
Galley: No
Nominate for Teens’ Top 10: Yes
Recommend: Yes
Convince us to read the book: One of the best books I've read all year! The story is about two girls with slightly morbid/sociopathic tendencies who learn how to deal with their urges, discover their past, developing friendships, integrate into "normal" society, and help people in need.
Compelling Aspect of the Book: The best part about this book was that even though the story was morbid in some ways, it definitely caught my attention and tells a suspenseful story.
Comments: Wonderful! As a fan of Dia Reeves other book, I can't wait to read more. The two main characters balance each other out and make a believable story. Intertwined with a bit of science fiction, this story could easily have become another bland read, but instead had a cliff-hanger on every page. I wish that some of the townspeople could have been developed more, but I feel that this book is a delicious read.
Cover: Excellent cover! The tea cups covered in a mysterious red liquid certainly suggest a morbid aspect with a sugary sweet wrapping! I found the cover to accurately represent the story.
Did you finish: Yes
Age Range: 14 to 18 and up
Quality: 5Q Hard to imagine a better book
Popularity: 5P Everyone wants to read it

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm so glad to see an awesome review of this book! I loved Bleeding Violet and was super excited about this next one. Luckily I've got it at home - you may have helped to move it up in my to-be-read list :).