Matched

Reader: Sydney
Age: 15
Title: Matched
Author: Ally Condie
Publisher: Dutton Books
Pub Date: 11/00/10
Galley: Yes
Recommend: Yes
Convince us to read the book: This is a really cool book, that's really different from others in the same genre. It reminds me of The Hunger Games, but more intriguing because in the beginning the main characters don't have any problems about how everything works.
Compelling Aspect of the Book: Mostly that it takes a future society that is very ordered, and everything is controlled. The main character, even though she has no say about pretty much anything that happens to her still follows the rules and thinks that everything is great. In most books like this, the main character is living in awful conditions, dislikes the government, and ends up trying to over-through it, which this book doesn't do.
Were you disappointed with the book at all: The ending cut off a little too soon and abruptly for my liking. When I first finished it, I greatly disliked the author for how she left it hanging, but when I thought about it later, I realized that she did a pretty good job of wrapping up some ends. It never says anywhere that this book is the first in a series, which I think it should. Personally, I get less upset when a book just ends if I know for a fact that more is coming.
Cover: The cover for this book is pretty cool. It does reflect the story, because the protagonist is trapped in a metaphorical bubble.
Did you finish: Yes
Age Range: 12-17
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 4P Broad general teen appeal

No comments: