Mousetraps

Reader: Megan W
Age: 16
Title: Mousetraps
Author: Pat Schmatz
Publisher: Carolrhoda Books
Pub Date: 08/18/2008
Galley: Yes
Did the cover reflect the contents: The cover, which is really pretty simple, caught my attention right away. It is an orange cover with a kid about to get snapped by a mousetrap at the bottom of the cover. The cover most definitely reflected the contents of the book right away, in more ways than one
Recommend: Yes. This type of book isn't what I usually read, but I really enjoyed it. It's about a girl Maxie and her friend from elementary school Roddy (now known as Rick) It's the story of their days together in High School. Maxie hasn't seen Roddy in years, and when she sees him again he is very changed.
Compelling Aspect of the Book: I loved the relationship between Roddy and Maxie. It was very cute, and it was written in a way that was a lot like real life; it was very believable. Although Roddy has his problems in life, he is such a loveable character, as is Maxie
Did you finish: Yes
Were you disappointed: I finished this book in one day. It was a cute, easy read that kept me flipping the pages
Age Range: 16-17
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 4P Broad general teen appeal
Comments: Since this book is about the life and growth of two teenagers, I don't believe that most teens today would want to read it, although they should. Maxie's character grew throughout the book, as did Roddy's. I really enjoyed watching them grow, and I grew to love the very real characters. The book was an adorable story about growing up and finding who you really are.

No comments: