Fairy Tale

Reader: Megan W
Age: 16
Title: Fairy Lust (now Fairy Tale according to Amazon)
Author: Cyn Balog
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Pub Date: 06/23/09
Galley: Yes
Nominate for Teens’ Top 10: No
Did the cover reflect the contents: The cover, while being rather simple, drew my attention immediately. The black background with startling wings in the center is captivating. The green and pink/red of the wings really pop against such a dark background. The simple pair of wings reflect the books contents; one of the characters is a fairy.
Would you recommend it: Yes
How would you convince us to read the book: This was a great book. At first, I started reading it and was rather bored, but the more I read, the more I continued to read. It was gripping, and the characters felt developed to me. (Well, the main three anyway.)
Compelling Aspect of the Book: This book is about fairies (duh), and while that may seem like something you've read before, it's not (well, it wasn't to me). It's about a girl named Morgan whose best friend, and boyfriend, becomes a fairy. The book is all about finding who you are and learning to cope with changes. Morgan has to choose between letting her friend go or choosing to be selfish and make him stay with her. The conflict felt real, and I found myself wondering what I would do in that situation.
Did you finish: Yes
Were you disappointed: I finished this book in a day, despite finals being next week. Unfortunately, right as I got to the end, I was jerked back to reality. I was hooked, and I couldn't wait to get to the end of the book (which was about 5 more pages, give or take) when all of a sudden I noticed two pages missing! It may just be my galley copy, or it may be all, but I do know one thing. I have to know what happens.
Age Range: 14-15
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 4P Broad general teen appeal

Comments: Other than missing pages, I thought this book was really good, and I'm eagerly waiting for June 23 when I can go to a bookstore and read the last couple of pages.

No comments: