Breaking Sky - YA Review by Pazao L



Reader: Pazao L.
Age: 14
Title: Breaking Sky
Author: Cori McCarthy
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Pub Date: 03/10/15
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: I really enjoyed reading this book. It was something completely different  from what I usually pick up, but it was pretty cool. The plot line was alright and a bit predictable towards the end, but the author threw in a couple major plot twists that really made the story come alive. The many twists and turns had me screaming and literally on the edge of my seat waiting, not very patiently for the next page. This made it a very fast and quick read. The main characters were very well developed, but I would not say the same about the supporting and side characters. They were just normal characters. While I was reading, one of the factors that really dragged me into the book was how different the story is. It was a dystopian/science fiction/war/air craft book that not only involved the future, but a made up world and flying, which makes the story even cooler and better.
Memorable or Forgettable: The one thing that made this book very memorable to me was the fact that  it is not your everyday, typical book. It has a lot of different features, such as the head-strong and daredevil main character, to the dystopia world added in. The fact that the book had a love line going on was also pretty cute.
Cover: The cover was one of the main things that made me pick up the book. I really enjoy how everything looked and how it all flowed. I feel like it really did reflect the contents in a way, but there are some questionable things.
Age Range: Under 12 through 17
Quality: 4Q - Better than most
Popularity: 4P - Broad general teen appeal


tags:  dystopian / science fiction / adventure / romance / teen fighter pilots / ya lit



No comments: