Becoming Jinn - YA Review by Dana F



Reader: Dana F.
Age: 13
Title: Becoming Jinn
Author: Lori Goldstein
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
Pub Date: 04/21/15
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: I liked this book for its original plot, characters (they ranged from funny to  sorrowful to aggravating), and the writing was very descriptive. I was a little put out at the ending, which I felt was a little abrupt, but other than that it was a pretty good read.
Memorable or Forgettable: This book was memorable to me because of the details about Azra's (the main character) magic, since she is a reluctant genie-in-training. I also really liked the idea of a "Zar," or group of fellow genies because all the characters in the two Zars were very fleshed out and had vibrant personalities.
Cover: The cover reflected the contents very well - it was a bangle that restrains a genie's magic. It definitely drew me in, too.
Age Range: 12 through 15
Quality: 4Q - Better than most
Popularity: 4P - Broad general teen appeal


tags:  fantasy / romance / teenage genie / ya lit




No comments: