Premeditated - YA Review by Katie J


Reader: Katie J
Age: 13
Title: Premeditated
Author: Josin L. McQuein
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Pub Date: 10/08/13
Galley: Yes
Top 25: Yes
Convince us to read the book: This book was AMAZING!!!  For some reason, I love sad and dark books, so this one was awesome!  It is pretty sad.  It is about a girl named Dinah.  Dinah's cousin tried to commit suicide by cutting her wrists when a summer romance didn't quite work out the way she planned it.  Dinah goes to her cousin's school and tries to blend in so she can hunt down the boy who caused her cousin (I think her name is Clare) to attempt suicide.  For a while, the author talks about Dinah "befriending" the kid who caused her cousin to attempt suicide.  After a while, Dinah discovers the truth about the "mystery" (I don't know what else to call it) and, well, I won't ruin for you.  This was a great book and if you like to read deep sad books that make you think, read this book!!!
Memorable or Forgettable:  I liked this book because I think that it is very realistic.  I think that the plot really could happen and has probably happened many times to girls.
Cover: I didn't love the cover.  I felt that it didn't really reflect the contents of the book.
Age Range: 12 through 18 and up
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 4P Broad general teen appeal
Additional CommentsREAD THIS BOOK NOW!!!

tags:  thriller / real life issues / ya lit



No comments: