Lies My Girlfriend Told Me - YA Review by Katie J


Reader: Katie J.
Age: 14
Title: Lies My Girlfriend Told Me
Author: Julie Anne Peters
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Pub Date: 06/10/14
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: This book was good, I think it just didn't quite have the stuff to be a Teens Top Ten book.  I thought it was well written, I liked the plot.  I just think that the author could have taken some stuff out of the plot, like Alix almost accidentally killing her baby brother (he survives, it's all right).
Memorable or Forgettable: It was memorable because of its great plot line that really sticks with you.
Cover: I didn't really know what to think about the cover.  It depends what the characters look like.
Age Range: 14 through 17
Quality: 3Q Readable
Popularity: 3P Some teen appeal

tags:  contemporary / realistic fiction / GLBT / romance / ya lit



No comments: