Barbarian Lord - YA Review by Ella O


Reader: Ella O.
Age: 13
Title: Barbarian Lord
Author: Matt Smith
Publisher: Clarion Books
Pub Date: 07/01/14
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book:  I love a good graphic novel, and this was a pretty good one. Some of the characters I came across in the book reminded me of those I saw in the Lord of the Rings.
Memorable or Forgettable: Again, the reminder of some of my more favored characters from Lord of the Rings. I also loved the main character's comeback in the end.
Cover:  Yes it tempted me for I thought it was quite an interesting cover, and it did indeed reflect the contents of the book.
Age Range: 12 through 13
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 3P Some teen appeal
Additional Comments: Slightly violent but not bad.  I look forward to finding and reading more of Matt Smith's books.
Annotation: A story of a man sworn to banishment for evil when the real evil is behind him. There are skull men, witches, warriors, trolls, and gods disguised among nature unseen by men.

tags:  graphic novel / sword and sorcery / Vikings / Nordic lore / ya lit



No comments: