The Killing Woods - YA Review by Eoghan G


Reader: Eoghan G.
Age: 13
Title: The Killing Woods
Author: Lucy Christopher
Publisher: Chicken House
Pub Date: 01/07/14
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book:  I only could read the first chapter. It tried to be suspenseful, but failed miserably. The title of the second chapter was Damon - well the first was called Lucy showing it was going to switch point of views. So I didn't even need to read the book to know there was going to be one of the most cliche plot twists ever: the second main character is thought to be killer, but really isn't.
Memorable or Forgettable: The characters were very two-dimensional and weren't very well written. The setting seemed very dull.
Cover: The cover made me want to read the book, but I have no idea if it reflected the contents because I could only force myself to read the first chapter.
Age Range: 12 through 13
Quality: 2Q Needs more work
Popularity: 2P Only for special interest

tags:  mystery/suspense / psychological thriller / ya lit



No comments: