Radio Girl - YA Review by Maria D.



Reader: Maria D.
Age: 15
Title: Radio Girl
Author: Carol Brendler
Publisher: Holiday House
Pub Date: 08/01/13
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: This book is creates a story around a real historical event (Orson Welles's "War of the Worlds" radio broadcast.) It has elements of suspense and also elements of humor. I thought that this book could have spent more time talking about Orson Welles's radio broadcast because I thought that the part of the book in which it talked about the broadcast was the best and most exciting part of the book, although it was only three or four pages at the end of the book. I would recommend this book to someone because it was very enjoyable to read , but wasn't the best book I have read.
Memorable or Forgettable: The parts of this book that were memorable to me were the historical aspects of the book.
Cover:  The cover of this book wasn't very tempting to me but it also didn't deter me to read it.
Age Range: Under 12 through 13
Quality: 3Q Readable
Popularity: 4P Broad general teen appeal

tags:  historical fiction / ya lit



No comments: