Teardrop - YA Review by Brooke H



Reader: Brooke H.
Age: 15
Title: Teardrop
Author: Lauren Kate
Publisher: Random House
Pub Date: 10/22/13
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: I thought this book was really good. I'm not completely obsessed with it, but I really do like it. I really like the author and her writing style, because she's very descriptive and good at drawing people into the plot. I also loved the characters. I fell in love with some, and cried for others. There were also some twists that were really quite shocking and unpredictable. The epilogue really left me wanting more, and I can't wait for the next book. The one thing I didn't like was that the love story was really slow, but then all of a sudden they were obsessed with each other in the blink of an eye. It was just a little weird and unrealistic. Despite this, I think the book is definitely worth a read.
Memorable or Forgettable: I think that the most memorable part of the book was its interesting plot. I know for sure that I have never seen any plot quite like this one. It's very unique and original, which is great, because a lot of teen books right now have parallel plots with each other, and it's quite rare to find a plot like this that is completely its own.
Cover: The cover did tempt me. Pretty covers always get to me, and this one was definitely pretty. I love the colors and the water-dress did well to symbolize the contents.
Age Range: 12-17
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 3P Some teen appeal

tags:  coming of age / romance / Teardrop trilogy / fantasy / magic / ya lit



No comments: