Paradox - YA Review by Alexis F


Reader: Alexis F.
Age: 14
Title: Paradox
Author: A.J. Paquette
Publisher: Random House Books for Young Readers
Pub Date: 06/25/2013
Galley:  Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: Paradox had a good plot and I enjoyed reading it, but it seemed like the characters had unreal personalities at times (mostly in the beginning) and there could have been a lot more detail.  By the end (second half) it started to get pretty interesting.  It would have been better if it started out a bit faster.  I really liked how everything led up to the end and it all made sense (in my opinion.  Other people might think differently) and there was a lot of twists which was pretty cool.  At times I thought I knew exactly what was going to happen next, but it turned out that I was totally wrong!  I sort of like that (it was unexpected).  The three words I have to describe this book are:  Bloody, space, bug.  Yeah, it's interesting...
Memorable or Forgettable:  It's one of those books that I definitely won't forget, but that's only because there was a giant freaky bloody space worm! Yes, you have to read the book to find out...
Cover: I was interested in the cover mostly because there was a girl standing in front of a giant worm that was exploding out of the ground.  The funny thing was that the girl just stood there like it was totally normal to see a giant worm exploding out of the ground!  The title kind of stood out to me to for some reason.  Really it just looked interesting.  The cover definitely represents the book.
Age Range: 12 through 13
Quality: 2Q Needs more work
Popularity: 3P Some teen appeal

tags:  science fiction / postapocalyptic adventure / ya lit



No comments: