Unbreakable - YA Review by AJ G.


Reader: AJ G.
Age: 17
Title: Unbreakable
Author: Kami Garcia
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Pub Date: 10/01/13
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: I read about forty pages into this book, and then had to stop, because it is exactly like the Mortal Instruments series. Really, the most noticable differenve is that I liked the Mortal Instruments better. None of the characters gripped me within the first twenty pages, the story was kind of bland at the beginning, and I have recently discovered that I don't have to finish every book.
Memorable or Forgettable: I thought the similarity to the Mortal Instruments was fairly striking. Other than that, there was no hook within the first chapter that made me want to keep reading. That's a problem for any book. I thought the characters seemed fairly boring.
Cover: The cover is definitely drawing. I think it was the best aspect of this book. It's pretty generic, but in a way that will definitely draw teens to it.
Age Range: 14 through 17
Quality: 3Q Readable
Popularity: 4P Broad general teen appeal

tags: fantasy / urban fantasy / paranormal / ghosts / demons / ya lit




No comments: