Antigoddess - YA Review by Katie J.


Reader: Katie J.
Age: 13
Title: Antigoddess (Goddess War #1)
Author: Kendare Blake
Publisher: Tor Teen
Pub Date: 09/10/13
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: Ugh. This book was incredibly boring. It was so boring I didn't even finish it. I had heard that it was really gory and bloody and gross, which made me want to read it because I love that stuff. Well, I was sorely disappointed. The only "gory" thing that happened was that Athena pulls feathers out from underneath her skin which makes her bleed. Another reason I wanted to read this book was because it was about the Greek gods and goddesses, which I am intrigued and fascinated by. I have read almost all of Rick Riordan's books about Percy Jackson, and I love them. I wanted to read about the gods and goddesses from a different point of view, and I wished I hadn't. This book was boring and didn't meet any of my expectations.
Memorable or Forgettable: This book was forgettable because it was very, very boring and didn't meet my expectations. I was expecting a gory violent thriller but instead I got "a quest to bring the gods together to stop this awful curse!"
Cover: I will give them credit for one thing. The cover worked great with the book.
Age Range: 12 through 13
Quality: 1Q How did it get published?
Popularity: 1P Yech! Forced to read it

tags: fantasy / mythology / greek mythology / paranormal / romance / ya lit




No comments: