Gorgeous - YA Review by Katie J


Reader: Katie J
Age: 13
Title: Gorgeous
Author: Paul Rudnik
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Pub Date: 04/30/13
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: Eh. That's what it was. Eh. It wasn't horrible, like one I would tell my friends and fellow TKBers not to read, but it wasn't one where it stood out as being a great book. It was OK. It didn't stand out in my mind (in fact I completely forgot about it until now) as either amazingly good or horrendously horrible. If you want a boring read about living happily ever after, be my guest. But don't say I didn't warn you.
     It is about a girl whose mother dies, she meets the man, and he promises to make her look like a supermodel using only 3 dresses. Well, then it's the old girl meets prince, they fall in love, get married, blah blah blah. Oh wait, I forgot something! This stylist figure (the man she meets), yeah, he died 20 years ago! That's really the only cool factor.
Memorable or Forgettable: It was just BORING!!!
Cover: I thought the cover was cool. Really, it is, look at it!
Age Range: Under 12
Quality: 1Q How did it get published?
Popularity: 2P Only for special interest
Additional Comments: EH...

tags:  fantasy / satire / Cinderella story / BFYA nominee / ya lit



No comments: