Antigoddess - YA Review by Marie W


Reader: Marie W
Age: 14
Title: Antigodess
Author: Kendare Blake
Publisher: Tom Doherty Associates
Pub Date: 09/10/13
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: After I first heard about the book I knew I had to read it. I am pretty interested in the Greek gods after reading a number of other fictional books about them. The characters where nicely developed though I felt that Athena needed to show her wisdom more. The reason for this comment would be that it felt like Demeter used more wisdom. There were a number of surprises throughout the book which made me latch onto finishing the book. The dialogue was pretty realistic and seemed as if some of the characters were people I might run into.
Memorable or Forgettable: A memorable quality would be bringing back the characters the gods and godesses might have worked with. Another thing would be the suspense kept me reading it without breaks. A great thing that was memorable was making the gods and godesses seem like mortals.
Cover: The cover didn't really tempt me to read the book though it was a great reflection of the book.
Age Range: 14 through 18 and up
Quality: 5Q Hard to imagine a better book
Popularity: 3P Some teen appeal
Additional Comments: I'm for sure interested in the series and will be looking forward to seeing the other books come out.

tags:  suspense / mythology / ya lit



No comments: