Attack of the Fluffy Bunnies

Reader: Elise S
Age: 14
Title: Attack of the Fluffy Bunnies
Author: Andrea Beaty
Publisher: Amulet Books
Pub Date: May/10/10
Galley: Yes
Nominate for Teens’ Top 10: No
Recommend: No
Compelling Aspect of the Book: I don't really know why I kept reading, but I did.
Were you disappointed with the book at all: The characters didn't have character. They were all very one sided. The plot was very exposed, and not very engaging. I felt like the author pretty much just sat down and thought, 'oh, I've seen this punch line on TV, and if I pretended like I was cheesily talking to the characters in a pretend sarcastic voice, they'll all really love it!' Yeah. Not so much. The thing that really got to me was when there was just this random pause when they were "waiting" for you to run away/find an ice cream cone. It bugged me.
Cover: The cover definitely expressed the book. A little bit lame, and a lot of stupid. It looks more like it belongs in the kids section than the teens. Also, the cover is trying to tell the entire plot in one image. There are loads of things crammed into one, and it’s cartoon overload.
Did you finish: Yes
Age Range: Under 12
Quality: 1Q How did it get published?
Popularity: 2P Only for special interest

No comments: