My Life with the Walter Boys - YA Review by Tara L



Reader: Tara L.
Age: 14
Title: My Life with the Walter Boys
Author: Ali Novak
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Pub Date: 03/01/14
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book:  I really loved the book because it was realistic and had good character development. I think other readers would like it because it's an easy book to get into. Jackie's  family dies in a car accident. Instead of living in New York with her dad's old roommate she is sent to Colorado to live with 12 boys. At first they all hate her and make her life bad, but then they get to know her and they all start to be more nice. Two of all the boys like her -  Alex, the nerd and Cole, the hottest guy in school.
Memorable or Forgettable: The qualities that made the book memorable are it is funny but serious at the same time. It has a love triangle which in my opinion is awesome.
Cover:  I really like the cover and it does reflect the contents.
Age Range: 12 through 17
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 4P Broad general teen appeal

tags:  contemporary romance / ya lit




No comments: