Amity - YA Review by Nick B



Reader: Nick B.
Age: 14
Title: Amity
Author: Micol Ostow
Publisher: EgmontUSA
Pub Date: 08/26/14
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: A thrilling horror novel that makes you think until the very end. The author made this an even better book by throwing in 2 characters 10 years apart. It was interesting to see the similarities and differences between their experiences. I personally liked the ending the best but to know why you will just have to read the book.
Memorable or Forgettable: Something I thought the author did well was throw in verses of what seemed like poetry. Her descriptions where spot on and couldn't have made the characters more real. This and a clever plot made a great reading experience. I was not able to put this book down.
Cover: I thought the cover could have been more original after I read the book. It definitely caught my eye and made me pick up the book but it seemed a little unoriginal. I would have put a blood red river and thunder clouds raining stone on the cover after reading the book.
Age Range: 12 through 17
Quality: 3Q Readable
Popularity: 4P Broad general teen appeal

tags:  horror / ya lit




No comments: