Reader: Frances W.
Age: 15
Title: Montefiore's Goddaughter
Author: Elizabeth Brooks
Publisher: MP Publishing
Pub Date: 9/25/2012
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: This book was beautifully written. Sometimes, I would stop to reread a metaphor out loud because it sounded so wonderful. The characters were well developed, the main character flawed and believable. It was exciting, unexpected, and refreshing.
Memorable or Forgettable: This book is completely original. I am getting pretty sick of all the cookie cutter paranormal teen romances that seem to be breeding like rabbits. This was nothing like anything I've read. Though everything within it was completely impossible, I couldn't help believing it and getting caught up within the story. It is a tale that my inner child loved, and yet it did not insult my intelligence with half baked descriptions and a hastily thrown together plot.
Cover: The cover did not necessarily stand out, but that's what I liked about it. It didn't scream "PICK ME UP! I'M TOTALLY COOL! I'M HIP! I'M WITH IT!" It simply suggested that I give it a try. So I did.
Age Range: Under 12 to 17
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 4P Broad general teen appeal

No comments: