Reader: Frances W.
Age: 15
Title: Undercurrent
Author: Tricia Rayburn
Publisher: Egmont
Pub Date: 5/2012
Galley: No
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: I did not enjoy this book. The characters were very two dimensional, the plot slow and, in my opinion, overused. I am sick of this self pitying crybaby of a female lead and coupled with the teenage love triangle,(dear God, people, move on to something new!) I was underwhelmed. I remember enjoying the first one, but it seems a change in taste has spoiled the second one for me. Either that, or this book was not meant to become a trilogy. I suspect the latter. The plot was drawn out, the main character weak to the point of making me want to reach through the pages and smack her.
Memorable or Forgettable: Paranormal teen falls in love and saves some people, then gets caught up in a love triangle and has to save some people again. I have read this book before. It was forgettable to the point that I had to check the cover to remember what is was called. I read it yesterday.
Cover: The cover was still rather forgettable. There are many covers decorated with pretty girls standing in dismal places with their hair blowing in the wind. However, it reflected the book's contents just fine and I think it was a good choice.
Age Range: 12-17
Quality: 2Q Needs more work
Popularity: 3P Some teen appeal

No comments: