Shiver

Check out the book trailer!
Reader: Elise S
Age: 13
Title: Shiver
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Pub Date: August, 20
Galley: Yes
Nominate for Teen Top 10: No
Annotation: Grace and Sam have spent years watching each other, so when they finally meet, it's love from first sight. However, Sam's time as a human is limited, and they must battle against the cold to be together.
Recommend: Yes
Convince us to read the book: It's a well written book, with some cool quirks. I would never have thought of the word Tuesday as friendly because of how the "u" and the "e" look next to each other. I enjoyed the characters, and the problems had firm resolutions.
Compelling Aspect of the Book: I love wolves, so this is right up my alley. I liked how she had each of the wolves have personalities even before we met their human counterparts.
Did the cover reflect the contents of the book: I really liked the cover of Shiver. The craggy tree branches were interesting, and it looked layered, almost like a wannabe tunnel. The dot of blood was cool, but I didn't really see it's relation to the book.
Age Range: 12-15
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 4P Broad general teen appeal

No comments: