Fire

Reader: Maddie S
Age: 16
Title: Fire
Author: Kristin Cashore
Publisher: Dial Books
Pub Date: 2009
Galley: Yes
Nominate for Teen Top 10: Yes
Recommend: Yes
How would you convince someone to read the book: I would say to them this book demonstrates amazing integrity and self-reliance. The book helped me look at diversity and how to understand it in a whole new way. Pick it up.
Compelling Aspect of the Book: I found the most compelling aspect of this wonderful tale to be how it shows diversity and discrimination and how this whole story the main character's dream is to be found equal, to find equal ground with the ones that end up loving her the most. The part where this young girl is striving to be accepted is where I was truly touched.
Did you finish: Yes
Were you disappointed with the book at all: I was disappointed a little when the author gets into more detail about the love triangle going on in the story and how she seems to try and make it a bigger part of the story. I just thought of it as too...human. If you are going to have inhuman characters in the story it is very difficult to listen to normal occurrences of love in the story.
Comments: I really enjoyed this book. It was very detailed and descriptive which helped me with the visual image of the story. I felt a pull in the story as if I were in it. I envied the character. Kudos to the author on the plot.
Did the cover tempt you: The cover was not as appealing to me as it could have been. It held no extreme pizzazz. For most books it’s as if the cover draws me to them subconsciously, and it didn't happen with this book.
Age Range: 16-17
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 3P Some teen appeal

No comments: