Captivate

Reader: Frances W
Age: 13
Title: Captivate
Author: Carrie Jones
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Pub Date: ?/?/2010
Galley: Yes
Nominate for Teen Top 10: No
Did the cover tempt you and/or reflect the contents of the book: The cover was very cool, as was the first book's cover. I'm not exactly crazy for glitter, but something about it makes you just want to see what it was about. It wasn't super connected to the book, even though the pixie kings shed glitter. I'm just not sure it turns into lip gloss and eye shadow. Still, it's a good cover and shouldn't be changed.
Recommend: Yes
Convince us to read the book: It's even better than the first one, which was pretty good in the first place. It's full of surprising twists and an awesome ending.
Compelling Aspect of the Book: I loved all the surprises in the book—especially when she turns pixie. I was like WHOA!!! DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING! Well, I thought about it but I thought it seemed impossible until then.
Did you finish: Yes
Age Range: 12-17
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 4P Broad general teen appeal

No comments: