Standing for Socks

Reader: Elise S
Age: 13
Title: Standing for Socks
Author: Elissa Brent Weissman
Publisher: Autheneum Books
Pub Date:
Galley: Yes
Nominate for Teens’ Top 10: No
Recommend: No
Compelling Aspect of the Book: I read it because I really liked the girl's socks.
Did you finish: Yes
Were you disappointed with the book at all: Well for one thing, the author WAY exaggerated peoples' reaction to mismatched socks. I wear mismatching socks almost every day and sure people comment, but not enough to base an entire campaign around them! Either this book is set in a VERY small town, or the author has never worn mismatched socks. Also, the main character's problems were so petty that it made me just not care very much.
Comments: Who hates socks? I mean come on!
Did the cover tempt you and/or reflect the contents of the book: I thought the cover was cute, and it interested me, but only because I'm a sock fanatic. It definitely reflected the contents though, in its bright colors, and utter misrepresentation of middle schools!
Age Range: Under 12
Quality: 2Q Needs more work
Popularity: 2P Only for special interest

No comments: