David Inside Out

Reader: Sabrina K
Age: 15
Title: David Inside Out
Author: Lee Bantle
Publisher: Christy Ottaviano Books
Pub Date: March 09
Galley: Yes
Nominate for Teens’ Top 10: Yes
Annotation: David has a secret that he's trying to hide. He even tries to cover it up, getting a girlfriend and doing what every "normal" teenage boy would do. But will he ever get sick of hiding from the truth?
Recommend: Yes
Convince us to read the book: This book shows that you can't run away from the truth, the same struggles you have will always be following you no matter where you go. This book shows the beauty of breaking free to your true identity and being the REAL you and taking risks.
Compelling Aspect of the Book: Since I live in the Twin Cities I loved how it felt so real- the places they went and everything made the characters feel more realistic to me that they could be everyday people right in my own neighborhood.
Comments: I think some of the details of where the characters where going should have been a bit more descriptive. As I said before, I live in the Twin Cities so the places they mentioned weren't that hard to imagine. But if I would have been someone who didn't live in the Twin Cities it would of been hard to imagine to add a bit of detail to that. I loved the little detail about Ridgedale mall as well- that was hilarious!
Did the cover tempt you and/or reflect the contents of the book: The cover did tempt me up to pick the book a bit but it didn't really reflect the contents of the book. It did have two boys talking to each other but that's all. I think it should have been a track field or two boys running-it would of reflected the book more. Or even better a walking/running path!
Age Range: 16-17
Quality: 5Q Hard to imagine a better book
Popularity: 5P Everyone wants to read it

No comments: