Catching Fire

Katniss and Peeta are back again and in a situation far more grave than ever before. They must learn who to trust in this dangerous game of life and death. One mistake can mean the end.

Reader: Megan W
Age: 16
Title: Catching Fire
Author: Suzanne Collins
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Pub Date: 09/01/09
Galley: Yes
Nominate for Teens’ Top 10: Yes
Recommend: Yes
Convince us to read the book: If someone wants to read this book, it's most likely because they've read the first. If they've read the first, I don't think I even need to convince them to read this; the first was so captivating that it makes sense to crave the second. But if they did need convincing, I would tell them it was like the first; danger, fear, adventure, romance, everything.
Compelling Aspect of the Book Comments: In my opinion, this book wasn't as good as the first, though it was still amazing. Katniss and Peeta are back again, only this time there is even more danger than ever before. What they encounter is even worse than the perils they faced in The Hunger Games. Their very actions can decide whether they live or die.
Did you finish the book: Oh boy did I finish this book. I actually drove about half an hour to pick it up at a friend's house so I could read it before my next book club meeting; I was that devoted. I read this book until 4:00 in the morning when my eyes could not possibly stay open any longer. Then, I woke up and bowled through this book until it was done. I loved every minute of it. There was never a time when I felt the urge to rest and take a break; I had to finish.
Did the cover reflect the content: Upon looking at the cover I could tell right away that this was the sequel to Suzanne Collin's first book, The Hunger Games. It is beautiful and captivating, and the bird in the center of the black ring reflects the book very well, though I won't tell you why. I love the reds and oranges on the cover and the design.
Age Range: 16-17
Quality: 5Q Hard to imagine a better book
Popularity: 5P Everyone wants to read it

No comments: