Killer Instinct - YA Review by Katie J


Reader: Katie J.
Age: 14
Title: Killer Instinct
Author: S. E. Green
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Pub Date: 06/07/14
Galley: Yes
Top 25: Yes
Convince us to read the book: There were so many plot twists in this book, it was crazy. Let me just say that if you were to hire anyone for a serial killer case, don't hire me. I suspected everyone but the killer to be the killer. That being said, I don't think anyone could guess who the killer is. I literally could not put this book down. It was plot twist after plot twist, and I think I screamed a little when she revealed who the serial killer was.
  This book is about a girl, Lane, who is obsessed with serial killers. Her mom works for the FBI, specializing in serial killers, of course. Lane occasionally sneaks into her mom's office and steals information. Then everything changes when a serial killer nicknamed The Decapitator comes to her home town. The Decapitator's claim to fame is how he or she delivers the bodies. First a head is found, then an arm, a leg, the other arm, and the other leg. It's kind of graphic. Her mom gets stabbed by the killer. I can't say anymore without giving away the killer, but it's awesome.
Memorable or Forgettable: Plot twists. Did I mention there were a ton of them?
Cover: It definitely caught my eye and reflected the contents very well.
Age Range: 14 through 17
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 2P Only for special interest
Additional Comments: I wouldn't read this if you don't like blood and gory things.
Annotation: A serial killer book that will keep you on the edge of your seat with page after page of plot twists until the very end.


tags:  thriller / serial killers / ya lit



No comments: