The Enchanter Heir - YA Review by Lian S.



Reader: Lian S.
Age: 17
Title: The Enchanter Heir
Author: Cinda Williams Chima
Publisher: Hyperion
Pub Date: 10/01/13
Galley: Yes
Top 25: Yes
Convince us to read the book:  I knew I would like this book before I turned to the first page, because I love the series, but Enchanter Heir exceeded my expectations. It manages to add completely new elements to the world while remaining a firm part of the Heir series. I do not exaggerate when I say that I could not put it down. Characters I had never seen before suddenly had a grip on my heart. I would recommend this book to anyone, though I suggest they begin with the Warrior Heir.
Memorable or Forgettable: The two main characters had these vivid personalities that kept coming to mind after I finished the book. They both love music, and every time I played music after finishing Enchanter Heir, one of the protagonists would come to mind.
Cover:  I picked up the book because I liked the author, but the cover drew me, too. I liked that it had a dagger for an enchanter, which does indeed reflect the contents perfectly.
Age Range: 12 through 18 and up
Quality: 5Q Hard to imagine a better book
Popularity:  4P Broad general teen appeal
Annotation: Enchanter Heir smoothly combines real-world city life and a fantastical world. The small details of the characters and setting combine to build a breathtaking world.

tags: fantasy / magic / ya lit




No comments: