The Bar Code Prophecy - YA Review by Emily L


Reader: Emily L
Age: 15
Title: The Bar Code Prophecy
Author: Suzanne Weyn
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Pub Date: 11/01/12
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: This book was kind of just like your average post apocalyptic book. But at the same time, there were characteristics to this story that set it apart. I felt like I could really relate to the main character. If I had been going through what she was, I would have acted the same way.
Memorable or Forgettable: The ending of this book was quite memorable. It made you wonder what was going to happen in the next book. I can't wait to read the next book in the series.
Cover: The  cover made me want to pick the book up because there was a pretty girl on the cover. I know the phrase goes "don't judge a book by its cover" but I definitely did with this book.
Age Range: 14 through 17
Quality: 2Q Needs more work
Popularity: 3P Some teen appeal
Annotation: This book takes place about 50 or 60 years into the future. At age 17 every citizen is required by law to get a bar code tattooed on their wrist. When your bar code is scanned it tells all the basic info, like your address and other things. The main character of the book is named Grace. She is just your average teenage girl. She has a summer job and she has a huge crush on the guy everyone likes, Eric. Grace's life is suddenly turned upside down when her family is kidnapped and the law is after her. All she wants to do is get her family back.

tags:  dystopian / action / ya lit


No comments: