Falling Kingdoms - YA Review by Simon



Reader: Simon D-S
Age: 12
Title: Falling Kingdoms
Author: Morgan Rhodes
Publisher: Penguin Group
Pub Date: 12/11/12
Galley: Yes
Top 25: Yes
Convince us to read the book: Overall, the elements of this book were very good. The plot seemed like a slippery slope. The characters seemed to have minimal rest time between events. This was okay, but not the best. The characters developed in unexpected ways, and were completely changed by the end of the book.  The dialogue was good, the characters seemed believable, though not quite enough that I feel I could meet them on the street.
Memorable or Forgettable:  I will never forget this book. It was the perfect blend of political intrigue and magical explosions. Also, the fact that I could root for different kingdoms blew me out of the water.
Cover: The cover definitely drew me. I am kind of a sucker for fantasy action, and seeing a hooded figure  with a knife and a stake got my inner nerd excited.
Age Range: 12 through 18 and up
Quality: 5Q Hard to imagine a better book
Popularity: 4P Broad general teen appeal
Annotation: Auranos, Palesia, and Limeros. These three kingdoms exist on the same dying land. Auranos flourishes. Palesia demands change. Limeros hungers for power. Pick your side.

tags:  fantasy / magic / BFYA nominee / ya lit



No comments: