Earth Girl - YA Review by Michelle M


Reader: Michelle M
Age: 15
Title: Earth Girl
Author: Janet Edwards
Publisher: Prometheus Books
Pub Date: 03/05/13
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: The story was carried out well, it was interesting all the way through. The main character is easy to relate to, and is well written. The story is written in a way where you can understand why and what she is feeling, and overall is a good plot.
Memorable or Forgettable: I enjoyed the twists and turns in the book. They weren't super sharp ones that left me confused, but they kept me interested, and I learned new things from the book. It was memorable because of its simplicity. Many books today are all about the supernatural, but this was a nice read because it was interesting, but kind of relaxing.
Cover: I did not like the cover. It caught my eye, but turned me away from the book. I liked the idea of the cover, with the girl being chained to the Earth, but the way it was portrayed made the book seem "mature", and a little bit gross.
Age Range: 12 through 15
Quality: 3Q Readable
Popularity: 3P Some teen appeal
Additional Comments: All in all I liked the book.

tags:  science fiction / disability / action / ya lit


No comments: