Quicksilver - YA Review by Sophie H



Reader: Sophie H
Age: 14
Title: Quicksilver
Author: R. J. Anderson
Publisher: Lerner Publishing Group
Pub Date: 3/28/13
Galley: Yes
Top 25: Yes
Convince us to read the book: Tori's voice is clear and strong. Over the course of the book, you realize she is attempting to fit in with people who will never know her, and this is the story of accepting that.
Memorable or Forgettable: When I first started this, I expected more focus to be on Alison, as the first book was. I was pleasantly surprised that while Alison is known and recalled, it is truly Tori's story this time.
Cover:  I immediately knew it was linked to ULTRAVIOLET because of the similar covers. Then when I saw the title, it told me there was something different from the first book and I liked that.
Age Range: 14 through 15
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 3P Some teen appeal
Additional Comments:  Reading ULTRAVIOLET beforehand is necessary to understand the plotline. I found it to be just as enjoyable, if a little jarring.
Annotation:  In the sequel to ULTRAVIOLET, the viewpoint switches from Alison to Tori and fills in what happened after the fact. Tori is revealed to have hidden depthes of courage, loyalty and ingenuity.

tags:  sci fi / ya lit



No comments: