Struck - YA Review by Grace KL


Reader: Grace KL
Age: 13
Title: Struck
Author: Jennifer Bosworth
Publisher: Farrar Straus Giroux
Pub Date: 5/01/2012
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: The main idea of supernatural lighting strikes in this book hooked me from the beginning.  The otherworldly events felt believable and the character's reactions to them realistic.  I enjoyed learning the back story of many minor characters, which is something  I am always curious to find out in an apocalyptic or post-apocalyptic novel.
Memorable or Forgettable: I just finished the book a few hours ago and cannot recall the main character's name, which is always a bad sign.  I felt detached from her experiences and the romance with Jeremy was not believable.
Cover:  The cover feels very similar to many others I have seen.  It did reflect the contents with ravaged buildings, but I would have liked to have the Tower (a place where pivotal events took place) in the background as well.
Age Range: 12 through 15
Quality: 3Q Readable
Popularity: 4P Broad general teen appeal

tags:  post-apocalyptic / romance / supernatural / ya lit


No comments: